Some will say “finally!” Soon after many years of waiting around for Rockchip RK3588 processor, ROCKPi Investing Constrained/Radxa bought some samples for their ROCK5 Model B single board computer and has started out to consider pre-orders with discounted rates commencing at $79 through distributors.
But let’s check out the requirements 1st, with the octa-core Cortex-A76/A55 Pico-ITX SBC shipping and delivery with up to 16GB RAM, M.2 NVMe storage, 2.5GbE, optional WiFi 6E, 8K movie output via HDMI or USB-C ports, 4K HDMI input, and much more.
Radxa ROCK5 Design B (aka ROCK5B) specs:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3588 octa-main processor with 4 Cortex-A76 cores @ 2.4 GHz, four Cortex-A55 cores @ 1.8 GHz, an Ar, Mali G610MC4 GPU, a 6TOPS NPU, 8K 10-bit decoder, 8K encoder
- Procedure Memory – 4GB, 8GB, or 16GB LPDDR4x
- M.2 2280 socket for NVMe SSD (PCIe 3. x4) up to 2,000 MB/s
- MicroSD card socket
- eMMC flash socket
- Video Output
- 2x HDMI 2.1 up to 8Kp60
- 1x USB-C by way of DisplayPort alt. mode up to 8Kp30
- A few impartial displays supported
- Video Input
- 1x micro HDMI input up to 4Kp60
- 2x MIPI CSI connectors
- 2.5 Gbps Ethernet RJ45 port with PoE aid
- Guidance for WiFi 6E and Bluetooth 5.2 M.2 module
- USB – 2x USB 3. Form-A ports, 1x USB 3. Variety-C port, 2x USB 2. ports
- Expansion – 40-pin GPIO header
- Dimensions – 100 x 72mm (Pico-ITX form component)
The organization will give Android 12 and Debian “Buster” photos based mostly on Linux 5.10 LTS for the board. But considering that Radxa only managed to get hold of RK3588 samples not long ago, you may well visualize it will get time in advance of the software package is thoroughly ported to the board and that’s a person of the good reasons why they have a Q2 2022 transport focus on day. Dependent on th early RK3588 benchmarks we’ve located, Rockchip RK3588 should really be around 2 times as rapid as Amlogic S922X as identified in ODROID-N2+ for many tasks, and the GPU performance enhance must even be extra amazing.
So how a lot does the board expense particularly? Individuals are the typical costs:
- $129 with 4GB RAM
- $149 with 8GB RAM
- $189 with 16GB RAM
This is obtaining pretty close to Intel hardware, but ROCK5 Design B has some functions not discovered in most platforms at that rate such as HDMI input, MIPI CSI digital camera interfaces, GPIO header, and 2.5GbE.
But as described in the introduction you can get the board for as lower as $79 by pre-ordering the board. To get this selling price, you will require to shell out a $5 deposit (known as R3 code “Radxa ROCK5 Redeem”) to reserve the board, and then you’ll be able to get a $50 discounted on the price ranges over, meaning $79 for the 4GB version, $99 with 8 GB RAM, and $139 for the design with 16GB RAM. This is only legitimate for one board, and the R3 code is refundable at any time before shipping and delivery if you come to a decision you really do not want to board any longer.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software program in 2010 as a section-time endeavor, in advance of quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and commencing to compose each day news, and opinions complete time afterwards in 2011.